Friends Connects with the world. Through their study of and connections to diverse global communities, our students will develop the skills and understanding needed to thrive in a global society.
Friends School seeks to prepare our students for life and work within world-wide diverse communities beyond the borders of our campus, Baltimore City, and the United States. Through immersive learning experiences and a curriculum that fosters a global worldview, we will deepen our students’ understanding of the cultures, perspectives, histories, values, and concerns of people across the globe.
Research and Design (R&D) Team Work
Adult Professional Development on International Awareness
Student Exchange Opportunities: this team has developed a proposal for an exchange between the Monteverde Friends School in Costa Rica and Friends School of Baltimore.
International Competencies Task Force: this task force will outline a list of global competencies that we believe are essential for a student to acquire during their time at Friends. The group will gather data regarding existing curriculum or current connections with National and Global communities and make recommendations on how we might strengthen the robustness of existing curriculum and programming.
- How might we connect globally and nationally to create learning experiences to help students develop the skills and understanding needed to thrive?
- How can we foster an international mindset in our students?
- What steps can we take to ensure that our curriculum develops in our students a full appreciation and understanding of cultures from around the globe?
- What are the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind that our students will need in order to thrive in a more interconnected and multinational future?
- How can we leverage the available tools to partner with individuals, schools, and other organizations globally?
Math Teacher, Middle School
Director of Academic Technology and Libraries