Friends Connects with the world. Through their study of and connections to diverse global communities, our students will develop the skills and understanding needed to thrive in a global society.
Friends School seeks to prepare our students for life and work within world-wide diverse communities beyond the borders of our campus, Baltimore City, and the United States. Through immersive learning experiences and a curriculum that fosters a global worldview, we will deepen our students’ understanding of the cultures, perspectives, histories, values, and concerns of people across the globe.
- How might we connect globally and nationally to create learning experiences to help students develop the skills and understanding needed to thrive?
- How can we foster an international mindset in our students?
- What steps can we take to ensure that our curriculum develops in our students a full appreciation and understanding of cultures from around the globe?
- What are the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind that our students will need in order to thrive in a more interconnected and multinational future?
- How can we leverage the available tools to partner with individuals, schools, and other organizations globally?
Math Teacher, Middle School
Director of Academic Technology and Libraries